WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- This unique product is a set of four courses, each keyed to a specific work of fiction. They can be purchased as a set or individually.
- 4 courses with seventeen or eighteen 20-25 minute videos each (70 total videos).
- Writing Through the Wardrobe
- Writing with Hobbits
- Writing Through To Kill a Mockingbird
- Writing with the Bog Owl
- Available streamed as individual purchases, or via Membership with over 30+ other courses.
Supplemental Writing Exercises
- Available as a digital file with your purchase.
- Includes an optional creative writing exercise for every lesson in each course.
HOW CREATIVE WRITING WORKS
Creative Writing is a video-based, self-paced course designed to teach careful readers to become confident writers using beloved classics.
Each of the brief seminar-style videos is accompanied by a writing prompt that asks the writer to develop a concept covered in the lecture. The videos are viewed through our Learning Management System, a progressive set of steps that can be tracked by the user to completion.
We recommend homeschools budget 25 minutes for the video element, and at least 15-30 minutes to attempt the composition element. The writing prompts are optional, but recommended—Dr. Rogers himself designed them as exercises to fit the content of his lectures. The videos and accompanying writing prompts could be spaced across a week to provide ample time for rewatching and revision.
The curriculum is organized around topics more than a certain number of days or weeks. We recommend parents review the list of topics shown below in order to determine how best to fit the lessons into your homeschool.
List of Video Lessons
Each course contains 17 or 18 video lessons. The courses themselves can be taken individually or in any order you choose.