Introduction – Sample
Welcome to the wonderful world of economics!
Economics for Everybody is designed to be a one-semester economics class for homeschool high school students. The course can be used in two ways:
- As a stand-alone study to introduce basic economic concepts and worldview thinking.
- As a study paired with Basic Economics, Fourth Edition to go deeper into free market economics, competing economic ideas, and different worldviews. It is available for purchase at our store.
We recommend that each person get his or her own Study Guide (or at least borrow a friend’s) while going through the study. This book includes a Scope and Sequence for the lessons, along with an Answer Key to the questions for each lesson. If you are new to the study of economics, your learning process should be helped if you read the corresponding chapter in this guide after you watch the lesson video. It might be helpful to realize that the twelve lessons in the study follow a logical sequence. Each lesson builds on the lesson before it.
- Lessons 1 to 5 introduce key economic principles
- Lessons 6 and 7 explain the relationship between theology, philosophy, and economics
- Lessons 9 to 12 examine the application of economics in real-life systems
Note that this study was created in 2010. As a result, some of the examples and statistics cited reflect the situation of the world at that time. It would appear, however, that the faulty economic thinking discussed in this study continues to be followed by most governments in the world. As a result, the economic truths it teaches are as applicable today as they were in 2010—if not more so.
As a final caution, please note that original news footage of famines and violence in some lessons could bother a younger child.
We believe this study contains information that is extremely important for modern Christians to know. Economics is an essential part of our world; we hope this study transforms how you understand it.
Soli Deo gloria.
Thomas Purifoy Jr.