Back to Course
Economics for Everybody
1 - And God Created Economics3 Steps|1 Quiz
2 - The Economic Problem of Sin3 Steps|1 Quiz
3 - The Path from Work to Wealth3 Steps|1 Quiz
4 - The Route From Scarcity to Plenty3 Steps|1 Quiz
5 - The Role of the Entrepreneur3 Steps|1 Quiz
6 - A Tale of Two Theologies, Part 13 Steps|1 Quiz
7 - A Tale of Two Theologies, Part 23 Steps|1 Quiz
8 - Government Intervention3 Steps|1 Quiz
9 - The Two Mysteries of Monetary3 Steps|1 Quiz
10 - The Welfare & Corporate States of America3 Steps|1 Quiz
11 - Economics Has Consequences3 Steps|1 Quiz
12 - Kingdom Economics3 Steps|1 Quiz
Lesson 3, Step 3
Short Answer & Discussion Questions
- Explain why some economic systems tend toward increasing poverty while other systems tend toward decreasing it.
- Why is the law important for economics? For personal liberty?
- What are some economic roles the civil government has undertaken in the modern world? What does the Bible say (or not say) about those roles?
- Some people have referred to the “grace of law.” How is law a grace in terms of our economic lives?
- How does sin exacerbate a nation’s economic problems, especially those of countries that reject God?
- What are some specific ways the Ten Commandments are necessary for a healthy economic life?
FOR FURTHER STUDY
- Basic Economics, 4th Ed. – Carson & Cleveland – Chapters 3-4
- Prosperity and Poverty – Beisner – Chapters 11 & 14
- Biblical Economics – Sproul, Jr. – Chapter 9